Friday, October 31, 2008

Our First Meal In The New Kitchen

Our First Meal In The New Kitchen........Chicken Georgia Ya'll !

chickent georgia

(This Is Not My Chicken Georgia)

Oh thank ya'll for the wonderful comments!  I must say that I am on cloud nine right now!  Well I have been busy cleaning up all the dust and stuff that has settled around the house but not to busy to cook our first meal in our new kitchen. 

Last night was the 1st night we had a homecooked meal in about 2 weeks!  To say the least we have been starving for a good homecook meal.   Soooo what did I fix for dinner last night?  I fixed Chicken Georgia & Rice with a some Crusty Chewy Fresh Baked Bread and a Cucumber & Tomato Salad.  It was such a great feeling to be all together in our new kitchen, the dinner was deelish and the company was so sweet!

I forgot to take pictures of the meal...it looked so pretty (maybe it was the lighting, hehehe) but I will be glad to share the recipe for Chicken Georgia (Paula Dean Recipe) with my little tweak. This is a easy and delicious recipe

What You'll Need

Butter

Sweet Yellow Onions

Button Mushrooms (chopped)

Red Bell Pepper

Boneless Chicken Breasts

Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Salt

Pepper

*I did not measure so you would need to make it according to your taste

Chop up your veggies in a thick strip style cut and put butter in your skillet and let melt then add veggies add a pinch of salt and pepper and let them sautee.  Rinse chicken and season with salt and pepper on both sides lay chicken in the skillet let the chicken cook (turnover so that it cooks evenly make sure not to over cook chicken).  When chicken is cooked turn off fire (NO NEED TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER PlATE) sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the dish and let it melt.  Serve in the skillet so that you can use the flavorful juices to sop up with your crusty bread. 

This is a flavorful and deelish recipe! Enjoy!

No comments: