Friday, October 31, 2008

The Big Reveal!!!!!

MY BIG REVEAL!!!!!!

 

Oh I am just so excited to show ya'll my Big Reveal!!!! I have dreamed of this moment for so many years and through God's blessings we are the proud owners of a........................................................ NEW KITCHEN!!!!!! 

We have lived in our home for 6 years and for 6 years we have lived with this outdated and non functional kitchen, we made due with the provisions that God had given us and I tried to make it look as nice as possible by decorating it.

I only had use of 3 somewhat workable draws but all of them were falling apart so if you were looking for a utensil 9 out of 10 times it may have slipped through the crack in the bottom of the drawer and ended up in the cabinet below!

Here are some photos of the old kitchen

100_0899

This kitchen was the original kitchen of our home it was built when they 1st built these townhomes about 37 years ago.

100_0893

The faux brick....well it was brick but it was inlaid into the wall and it was very icky! I cleaned it but that did not help much! Yuck!

100_0900

All the cabinet doors had been painted about a dozen times or so by people before us...there was mounds upon mounds of paint on the cabinet doors.  The cabinet doors were press board or something but the cabinet itself was wood......rotten wood!

100_0906

Here is the kitchen all ready for the tear out!

100_0908

Notice the fluorescent light fixture in main part of the kitchen, it was not very good on the eyes.

100_0911

This is the eat in part of the kitchen, notice the very old light fixture above.  I tried to clean that thing but there was so much grime and grease on it, it was almost impossible for it to be totally clean.

100_0942

Ahh there's the cabinets in a pile!  When they took out the base cabinets they just crumbled onto themselves, they were rotted out!  The only cabinets that stayed in tack pretty much were the upper cabinets.

100_0934

No Cabinets!  Getting Ready For Something New!

 


HERE IT IS!!!!

100_1032

Here It Is! My New & Improved Kitchen! With a New Dishwasher....something I did not have before!  We also got a new Fridge with an ice maker.....Yeah! 

100_1034

The cabinets are Maple with a dark stain.  The counter top is Buttercream Granite Laminate. The paint is Tropical Tan (but it looks like a brown).

100_1036

We added a nice backsplash and under cabinet lighting, which comes in pretty handy, I found out yesterday! The  under cabinet lighting is really nice cause it has 3 different settings for the lights you just touch the button gently and choose which lighting is best.

100_1031

We added recessed lighting in the main part of the kitchen (much better lighting then the old fluorescent light we had).  My husband put the recessed lighting on a dimmer (He did a great job!)

100_1025

A new ceiling fan in the eat in portion of the kitchen, this should come in pretty handy in the summer because our kitchen faces south so it gets a lot of sunlight and it can get hot in the summer months. (My husband put this on a dimmer also) We wanted the switch to do double duty we wanted it to have one switch to control the fan and one to control the light but our house has old wiring and it would of took to much to get that to work out and would of cost more money for the rewiring. 

100_1024

Another picture of the ceiling fan....I just love it!

100_1017

We added crown molding in the entire kitchen and also added a more decorative molding around the window and the door.

100_1015

Oh and here is my sweet lazy susan! I have always wanted one of these things! I got so much baking stuff and all other sort of things that will go so nice in my Lazy Susan!

 

100_1034

Well that's it ya'll.....that's my Big Reveal!  It was very interesting and rewarding!  Now I can't wait to eat some real food instead of all the take out and sandwiches. 

Thank ya'll for sharing in this wonderful blessing that God has given my family!  We know and understand that this is such a blessing and not just for us but also for the family who will come after us.  We are so happy to have the opportunity to leave something better then when we came! God is so good! Yes He Is!

God Bless Ya'll !

** I'll have some more pics of the kitchen once I add some homey touches to it! 

 

No comments: