Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall & Apple Pie

Fall & Apple Pie (Updated with recipe)

100_0433

Yesterday I baked an apple pie (my first apple pie) and it turned out delicious!  Now, I took some shortcuts but I added my own flair to it.  Next time I will use fresh apples and prepare them like the Apple Filling I used.  I will tell you all how I spiced up the dull Apple Filling when I post the recipe for this quick and easy Apple Pie.

Warm Apple Pie with Two Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream....YUMMY!

 

This is a very simple and easy (cheating) Apple Pie!

I don’t know the exact measurements so please make it to your taste.

 

2 Cans of Apple Pie Filling

1 box of Pilsbury Pie Crust (in the refrigerated section)

4 Tablespoons of Butter

Nutmeg (to taste)

Cinnamon (to taste)

Vanilla Extract (to taste)

 

Put Apple Pie Filling in a pot and mix in the following ingredients.  Let simmer until all the flavors are well mixed.  Let Cool.

 

Divide the piecrust and put one on the bottom of the pie dish.  Fill pie dish with filling and lay a few small chunks of butter onto the fillin. Lay the other dough on top and cut 5 slits into the dough.

 

Bake until bubbly.  Be careful not to burn the edges of the crust!

 

That’s It!  Serve warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.

 

No comments: