Saturday, June 27, 2009

From Scratch Saturday's...Homemade Yogurt, Deordorant & Ice Coffee

Hey ya'll I am so excited about some of the things I made from scratch today! Let me start off by saying that today when I woke up this morning I was greeted with a wonderful crock pot of fresh homemade yogurt!

Ohhhh was I pleased in the way it turned out! It was my first time ever making yogurt and I plan on doing it again very soon (it is running out fast!).

I used the recipe from Candy over at My Blessed Home...she has so many wonderful ideas and recipes over at her blog. I also used her recipe for homemade deodorant.

My youngest daughter was in need of some deodorant and I was not about to purchase that toxic stuff they sell in the stores...so I thought why not give Candy's recipe a try.

It was very easy and simple and it glides on real easy (I tested it on the back of my hand) and it glides on clear no streaks or white messy residue.
I hope it does the job! I made one change to it and that would be....giving it a name! I have decided to call that recipe " Caribbean Island Deodorant" because of the coconut in it...the coconut is not over powering it is very light but it made me think of an Caribbean island.
I'm pretty pleased with my from scratch projects for today...Oh I also made me some wonderful and delicious Ice Coffee...just to think that one cup of coffee with lots of ice yielded me a mega large cup of Ice Coffee! LOL!

I can't believe that I have been on occasion spending up to $2 buck on a cup of Ice Coffee that is actually one cup of coffee that looks like a large!

Well I will choke it up to the novelty of it....but uhmm that novelty has faded....and I enjoy my Homemade Ice Coffee so much better and I enjoy the price too!

Well here are a few pics from my "From Scratch Saturday's" enjoy!


Simple Household Ingredients

1/4 Cup of Baking Soda

1/4 Cup of Corn Starch

A Few Tablespoons Of 100 % Coconut Oil

Mix dry ingredients first and then add Coconut Oil and make into the consistency of the store bought stuff...and then stuff into an old (washed out) deodorant bottle.

*Thanks Candy!The yogurt is deelish! The small half empty mason jar is the jar that I used to make individual servings with fruit. The children just about ate up those jars.

I have only the big jar of yogurt left and I plan to use that for yummy smoothies! I took a page out of the Hillbillyhousewife's book and put my store bought yogurt into ice trays and froze them and after they were frozen I popped them out and put into a baggie to use as starter for a later date!

I hope that works! We will see because soon I will be making another batch.

My Large Ice Coffee...I also like to make a French Vanilla Ice Coffee as well! It's as easy as PIE!

Simple Ingredients
Cup of Coffee
Sugar (or any other type of sweetener)
Cofeemate Creamer (or milk, half & half, or evaporated milk)
A Teaspoon of Instant French Vanilla Pudding (for French Vanilla Ice Coffee)
Lots of Ice Cubes

Stir in sugar, creamer, and pudding mix into hot coffee and mix well. In a plastic cup ( I used an old washed mayo container) put in lots of ice (to the top) and pour hot coffee mixture into the cup of ice and stir....add a straw for sipping...and that's it!

God Bless Ya'll!

No comments: