Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Beauty In Tea


Who would of thought that a cup of tea would make me think about the error of my ways. Something so little and so simple gave me a profound outlook on my life today, let me start from the beginning.

I have had a major toothache and a cold for the past few days and to help me with my cold I have been making myself a cup of tea, today I put the water into my tea kettle and placed it on the stove to boil as it was boiling I scrubbed (I mean scrubbed) my stainless steel pots so that I can hang them on the wall to give me some more storage space in my cabinets for my 5 gallon buckets of rice, flour & sugar (I buy these in bulk).

After the water came to a boil I turned off the fire and placed one tea bag into the teakettle to steep. I got my cup and proceeded to pour and as I poured I thought of my husband, I thought about how he had placed a tea bag into the kettle to make more then one cup of tea many times before and how he just has this sort of old fashion wisdom that has been handed down to him by the men and women of his family, he has this wisdom on how to make things stretch and how to make due when you have to.

It got me thinking about how I have not trusted my husband, I really have not trusted my husband in the wake of all this economic troubles my trust in him has declined even further. I have felt that my husband is not prepared and has not made preparation for our safety should anything happen. I really have not put much stock in his survival abilities and neither have I put much stock in his wisdom on knowing how to rub two nickels together to make a dime.

While pouring that cup of tea from my tea kettle and knowing that if I like I could have another cup of tea or even have tea to give to the kids and it all came from that one tea bag. Something so silly, so simple made me realize how blessed I am to have a man who is really more then capable of protecting his family and making wise decisions for his family, so here I have been worrying and fretting about all the bad things going around us and how we won’t be able to survive because my husband is not capable.

That one cup of tea brightened my eyes and put a revelation in my heart, that God himself wanted me to know….that by placing faith in my husband I am placing faith in God, because God is inside my husband and through him he will guide us accordingly.

*A great smile came upon my face and a great cup of tea graced my lips!
Amen!

1 comment:

The Proverbs Wife said...

This is very sweet. I think that many women may begin to share the same sentiment regarding their husbands during such a financially difficult time for our country.

We need to remain steadfast and hold on to the hope of Gods great glory. He has provided for all of our needs including giving us husbands that will be able to provide for us.

However, when they are not able to provide, they will lead us to the God who is always able to provide.

Many Blessings.